Monday, December 22, 2008

The Great Pamdini!

We had a lovely moment of experience sharing today. David and I were at the kitchen table, slaving away at school work. Pamela was sitting on the floor near a vent through which some deliciously warm air was blowing. She announced excitedly, "Magic! I'm doing a magic trick."

Our heads were so deeply buried in the books, we gave her one of those lackluster "uh-huh" responses. But, that was not good enough to please the great Pamdini, she repeated more loudly, "Look!!! It's magic." After I saw her clever trick, I grabbed the camera to film it for posterity. What I loved most about this interaction was that Pamela wanted to share her discovery of magic with us. She was not satisfied until we shared the experience with her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Experience sharing at its best! :-)

poohder said...

This is so great! Believe it or not,
I have to scold myself some days when my dd is "bugging" me (for what seems like an incessant number of times) by saying, "Hey Mom look at this, or Cool, Mom you gotta see this." I have to remind myself that this is a good problem to have with a child who has autism. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so cool! I long for the day Zane wants to share something like that with us, especially enough to keep working to get us over to see it. What an amazing interaction!

walking said...

Y'all get it because you know what it is like to go years and years without truly sharing experiences with your child. To many this seems like no big deal, but to us, it is something to be treasured in our hearts!