Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Pamela Beams!

Two years ago, I reported with joy that we figured out a way for Pamela to memorize poetry: a combination of copywork and studied dictation. She took baby steps in understanding figurative language. She recited Daffodowndilly as a present to her dad and The End as a video gift for her grandfather. Last year, Pamela began to enjoy poetry: she held her very own "Poem Marathon" and wrote a Christmas poem all by herself. Over the summer, I noticed Pamela had memorized some poems recited by a toy teddy bear my parents had given her for her birthday. So, this year, I tried doing straight memorization of poetry by auditory practice only.

Today, Pamela memorized the third poem of the school year. She is so proud of her accomplishment and her face beams with joy. If you are having a bad day, I guarantee this clip will bring a smile to your face. If not, you are a grinch!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right. Her smile always brings a smile to my face. Thanks. Sincerely, dianeG.

poohder said...

Wow!! Way to go Pamela. You are right, her smile DID bring a smile to my face. She just seems more expressive in general to me. It is wonderful!! Rhonda

JEMD1966 said...

My computer kept freezing up but it happened to pause on a particular "saucy little smile" at 65 seconds. She wasn't waiting for you to tell her she had done well- she KNEW it!

Jennifer D

MasterpieceMom said...

How Sweet!!!

Mama Skates said...

~grinning ear to ear~ way to go Pamela! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!

Julee Huy said...

:) Made me smile! 8 days, way to go Pamela! ANd where do I get that wonderful porch and rocker!

I just love that victorious smile, beaming is the perfect word for it!

Mary said...

Dear Tammy,
I just loved how she grinned! Guess I'm not a Grinch. I love to see her progress. Mary

walking said...

All y'all just passed the "No Grinch" test!!!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

smiles here in Michigan!