Saturday, June 16, 2007

Filtering Ads

Since I know it will take me at least two days to blog another breakout session, I will go ahead and share a high-tech tip I discovered recently! I switched to Earthlink in 2000 and have stuck with it because I do not want to confuse people trying to contact me by switching email addresses all the time. One thing I despise about its online webmail site are the ads, usually featuring half-nekked gals in their undergarments. While I already block annoying pop-ups, I did not realize I could block annoying ads, too.

For this trick to work, you must have Firefox as a browser. I prefer Firefox because it is free and is more resistant to viruses, trojans, online scams, etc. One feature of Firefox that I like is the add-ons section of the website. Adblock Plus removes ads and banners. Not only did I kick out the half-nekked gals out of my house, I also increased the speed of downloading websites!

I also found this nifty graphic for Ambleside Online and plan to make it a permanent part of my blog.

2 comments:

JEMD1966 said...

What a funny and informative post, Tammy! Thanks for starting my day with a laugh.

Jennifer D

walking said...

I think laughter is great--unless it comes from a half-nekked gal in her undergarment!