Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Aut-Isms

I am sure many parents of autism spectrum children enjoy the unusual ways our children express themselves. I thought it might be fun to share some of Pamela's aut-isms and feel free to include the favorites of your child in the coments.
  • moccashoe for moccasin
  • towel robe for bathrobe
  • white cream for mayonnaise
  • binoculators which rhymes with elevator and escalator

Her newest word is thriller hole, the hole in the porch created by a knothole that fell out. She called it that because she finds it scary wondering what is in it.


And what lurks beneath our thriller hole? Take a peek . .



4 comments:

In the world, not of it said...

Love it! Space Cadet once called a dragonfly a "dinosaur butterfly".

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

G called weedwackers "wickywackers." Thriller hole is a new one though LOL!

Usually, we'll get a detailed description of the thing in question b/c he doesn't recall the name. "That thing that you open the door and put food inside and is cold" suffices. He's done a lot better with things like that, but as long as I know what he means, good enough!!

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

too funny- i had no idea that the word make up thing was an autism thing... aka...sock noodles. (lint in the sock.) we have lots of those!. aut-isms that is.. and sock noodles i guess. the noodles are not so welcome..

Julee Huy said...

Tammy, everywhere I turn, there you are! I have a child with autism and want to do GFCF: Tammy

I am fed up with ABA and other therapies and want to start RDI: Tammy

I am bringing my daughter back home to homeschool again and decide to go Charlotte Mason style this time: TAMMY!

I'm so glad God made YOU! :)

Happy New Year!