Friday, March 09, 2007

Glitch with "In Front Of" and "Behind": Week Six of Prepositions

This week I reviewed two prepositions Pamela already knows and introduced "How" questions like, "How is Almanzo?" followed by, "Almanzo is panicky." I also introduced using ", too" at the end of sentences. I thought Pamela understood "in front of" and "behind" very well, but uncovered a glitch. She recognizes it from a front-on perspective but gets confused when a few or all are side-to-side or from the back, such as in the bottom three pictures from the book, Farmer Boy. Rather than moving ahead in my review of prepositions, I plan to work on photographs of Beanie Babies from a side-to-side perspective and then from the back. Pamela needs to learn that the perspective is that of the character, not the viewer. It will be interesting to see if this is a theory of mind issue.

No comments: